Wednesday, July 31, 2013

July Wrap Up

July is coming to an end! We had a very fun month full of firsts. Little Man turned 5 months! I can't believe the changes he's made in the past month. He's growing like a weed. He can sit on his own now and he sprouted a couple teeth on our first day in Canada!

Speaking of which, we had a fantastic week in Niagara Falls. It was my first trip to Canada and my first road trip across Northern NY. If you haven't been to the falls, GO! They were beautiful and there is so much more to do there. We visited forts, went wine tasting at several vineyards, and hiked along the river.
Niagara Falls


My MIL came to stay with us for a week or so to recover from brain surgery. She's doing fantastic and I am happy Little Man got to spend some time with her. My FIL headed out to Oregon where they are house hunting which is awesome because for those of you who don't know that's where I call home!

Now for the not so pleasant stuff. I survived my root canal. Actually, it went quite well and I am sooo happy to be out of pain. I also found a new dentist who is way better than the one who messed me up to start with. She serves the best cookies in her waiting room. How awesome is that?

We failed to close the garage door one night and someone got into my car and stole my camera and my GPS. They were both super old so it's no big loss, but I'm really creeped out that someone was prowling around my garage while we were home! We live in a really nice neighorhood where the houses are very spread out and we are kinda in the middle of no where. Who the hell was it?? In totally unrelated bad news, someone managed to use my credit card to go on a shopping spree at Burberry and Apple.
Buttonwood Farm
Back to the happy things, we took Little Man to his first farm! He went on a hayride and got to see all the animals. I think he was more interested in the hay, however.
I'm wrapping up breastfeeding and I cannot be happier about it. I lasted way longer than I thought I would. I absolutely hated every second of it! We've got another vacation coming up and I'm thrilled to not have to bother pumping or whatever. I'm done!
We received our verbal orders for our move in a few months. It's not in writing so I'm not sharing just yet. All I can say is O...M...G!

See you next month!

No comments :

Post a Comment