Thursday, July 4, 2013

Blackbox by Cult

Blackbox by Cult is a brand spankin new nail polish subscription. You'll get 3 polishes plus a tool for 24.99 per month ($19.99 plus $5 shipping). First timers get half off ($9.99 plus $5). 


I'd love to have a cute pick of exactly how it was packaged..... but I could not get this darn box to open!!! I ended up tearing it apart at the end and ruining any photo perfect moment. I will tell you it was nicely bundled in pretty purple crinkly stuff. 


The goods:
3 polishes by Essie
A black nail design pen
2 makeup sponges
pot of gold glitter


So, um..... I'm TERRIBLE when it comes to doing my nails. I just don't have the skills or the patience. And this kit did not come with any "how-to's" or suggestions. After watching some You Tube videos on the ombre thing I tried it out using all three colors and a makeup sponge. So yeah, it looks terrible. But it was fun. I have since tried the pen and did better than I thought I would. I have yet to brave the glitter... which despite the fact that I have not opened the little pot the stuff is already everywhere!


This seems like a fun kit that gives you a range of possibilities. I do wish they would send a little tutorial as well. We shall see if that gets added to the box in the future. I'm excited for next month.


No comments :

Post a Comment